Tuesday, September 16, 2008

4 Years!

Four years ago today Scott and I were married in the Orlando Florida temple. It's hard to think that it has only been four years. It seems like a lot longer (in a good way, of course!). It is hard to remember what life was like before we met. For those of you who don't know the background on how we met here it is. We met five years ago on an lds singles website. At the time he was still living at home with his parents in Florida and I was back at home with my parents in L.A. Neither one of us was much into the singles ward scene so we resorted to the internet. And it worked!!! We dated LONG distance for eight months and then I moved to Florida, we got engaged, and married four months later. Now here we are, four years and two children later, and I love him more than ever!

So in honor of our 4 year anniversary, I thought I would list the top 4 reasons I love Scott.

Here they are in no particular order:

1) He is very patient. He has more patience than anyone I know. Since I have zero patience it balances out pretty well.
2)He is very giving. I learned this early on in our marriage. He was leaving for work one night and was taking an extra pair of shoes with him. I asked him why he was taking the shoes and, after a lot of prodding (those of you who know Scott know he is a man of few words!), he told me he was taking them to a lady he worked with. Turns out he ran into this lady, who is a single mother, and her teenage son earlier in the day at the barber shop. Her sons shoes were pretty worn out and Scott thought that the teenage boy might like the shoes (they were a new pair that Scott really wanted so I surprised him with them a couple weeks earlier).
3) He enjoys serving others. I don't think the word "NO" is in Scotts vocabulary. If he is asked for help, no matter what the circumstances are, he is always willing. He's definitely not one to dodge the sign up sheets in Elders Quorum to help people move!
4) He is a great Dad. I always joke that Scott is a better mom than me. He is always so in tune with the boys' needs. The whole parenting thing has been so natural for him. He just loves the boys and they adore him.

Happy Anniversary Love! We miss you!!!

*I would have posted a wedding pic but they are all back in Oregon*

3 comments:

Brittany R said...

Congratulations you guys. I don't know that I've ever met Scott, but he sounds awesome.

Sarah Z said...

how sweet...(tear) One quality I wish his brother had was a little more of the patience one! Congrats...

Molly said...

Congrats on the four years! I bet you're excited for him to come down to Utah this weekend!