Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Forgotten Child


In the blogging world Corbin is my forgotten child. Cooper seems to steal the spotlight because, well, he can walk and talk and do fun things. So I am dedicating this post to Corbin.
He is now 6 1/2 months old. Time is just flying! He's becoming more and more mobile every day. He is not yet crawling (as his pediatrician said at his 4 month checkup "his gross motor skills will develop slower because of his body mass". Translation: Your kid is fat) but he can get up on all fours and manages to scoot to get things that he wants. We started him on baby food a few weeks back and he loves it! It is so nice to have a child that is a good eater (Coop eats like a bird). He has also just started to experience the separation anxiety that sets in at about 6 months old. This means that EVERY time I leave the room he starts to scream. I try to walk out when he isn't paying attention, but it usually only takes about two minutes tops for him to realize that I am gone. It is no fun. I'm hoping this phase passes quickly.
We are leaving for home next Friday and he will have his 6 month checkup shortly after. It will be interesting to see how much my little Chubbers weighs.


3 comments:

Sarah Z said...

that is an ADORABLE picture of him...he looks so grown up. (that's wierd cause it has only been 3 days since we saw him last!) If you want, we can still do pics this weekend when you come down so bring an outfit for him.

Sarah Z said...

yes...2nd comment from me- You better be keepin up on your blog now that "home" and not around here anymore. I will soon be going through withdrawals from you 3! Tell Steph she's been slackin lately too!

Peralta Family said...

my baby! he looks so much like scott in that picture. he and amelia are 2 chunks in a pod.